Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hoopin' it up

So I hate doing ab work.  I hate sit ups, crunches, etc etc.  I know I need to do ab work to make my core stronger, but I would like to enjoy it.

So I'm rediscovering a childhood passion - the hula hoop.

When I was much younger, I would hula hoop for hours.  I could go and go and go.  And it was so much fun! 



So now that I'm grown up, and missing the tiny waist of my youth, I thought I'd reintroduce myself to my childhood love.

Of course now it's called a "sports hoop" and is about 100 times the cost of what I used to use.  But anyway, it weighs about 3 pounds and...

I am in love.

It is wonderful!  It's relaxing, therapeutic.  I do 15 minutes a day, that's it.  I don't know whether it will help whittle down my waist, but I don't care, because I absolutely love it.  Apparently you can burn up to 200 calories or so in 30 minutes of hooping.  So maybe I'll do 15 minutes twice a day.

I hoop when I'm waiting for dinner to cook.  When I'm watching TV.  When I need to clear my head.  It turns out 15 minutes is not hard to find.

So I'm hoopin' it up - and loving it! 

And hopefully my waist will love it too.  I'll let you know in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment